City Lights Bookstore is offering phone, curbside, and online service, and at this time, we are allowing entry to as many as nine customers at a time. Please wear a mask and allow others a six-foot berth. Our curtailed hours are 10-6 Mon.-Sat. We monitor this NC Dept. of Health and Human Services page and this CDC page for the latest guidance.
We've canceled in-store events for the foreseeable future.
We are taking common-sense precautions and hope you will, too:
- wiping down all hard surfaces with disinfectant throughout the day
- waving hello, not shaking hands
- maintaining > 6-foot social distance
- washing hands often
- wearing face masks
- avoiding touching our faces
- staying home if sick
We hope that all will be well. We want to be here, selling books, etc., for another 35 years. But we do need to sell books to pay the rent, utilities, meet payroll, and so on. Things have been going okay, but if you can't visit us, we would greatly appreciate:
- Web orders
- Send people online gift certificates.
- Try Libro FM for audiobooks and support us at the same time.
- Check out our ebook options.
Thanks for reading!
We've partnered with Libro.fm to bring you a top-notch option for digital audiobooks. Take a look at our large catalog of recorded books at https://libro.fm/citylightsnc