City Lights Bookstore is open, with limited staffing and curtailed hours (10-6 Tue.-Sat.) for the time being. We are monitoring this NC Dept. of Health and Human Services page and this CDC page for the latest guidance.
We had scheduled some events for the coming weeks — all of which have been canceled due to COVID-19 precautions.
- taking common-sense precautions and hope you will, too:
- wiping down all hard surfaces with disinfectant throughout the day
- not accepting book trade-ins for now
- waving hello, not shaking hands
- maintaining > 1-meter social distance
- washing hands often
- staying home if sick
- avoiding touching our faces.
We hope that all will be well. We want to be here, selling books, etc., for another 35 years. But we do need to sell books in order to pay the rent, utilities, meet payroll, and so on. Things have been going well but if everything shuts down for weeks on end as we've seen in China and Italy, we would greatly appreciate:
- Web orders!
- Send people online gift certificates
- Try Libro FM for audiobooks and support us at the same time
- Check out our ebook options.
Thanks for reading!
We've partnered with Libro.fm to bring you a top-notch option for digital audiobooks. Take a look at our large catalog of recorded books at https://libro.fm/citylightsnc