A trail guide to walking the Devonshire Heartland Way: from Okehampton to Stoke Canon (Paperback)
A helpful and practical pocket guide to walking the long-distance Devonshire Heartland Way path.
Graced with a view of Dartmoor's rising hills in the foreground, the Devonshire Heartland Way starts in the ancient town of Okehampton. As you proceed, you will follow this wonderful route west to east through the very heart of Devon's beautiful and stunningly rural countryside. This route takes you along ancient footpaths, bridleways, and country lanes as it winds through many sleepy picturesque villages. This includes Sampford Courtenay, North Tawton, Yeoford, and the historic market town of Crediton. From here the route follows onwards to Newton St Cyres and Brampford Speke before finally arriving to the north of Exeter in the village of Stoke Canon.
This guide contains:
- Detailed 1:25 000 OS maps covering the entire route
- Directions for the route broken down into easily manageable legs
- A suggested kit list, also available for free to download
- Travel information
- Places of interest and village amenities such as historic locations, accommodation, eateries, and public facilities
- A full six-figure and eight-figure grid reference for GPS reference
- Colour photography throughout
We've partnered with Libro.fm to bring you a top-notch option for digital audiobooks. Take a look at our large catalog of recorded books at https://libro.fm/citylightsnc