Moon Arizona & the Grand Canyon (Travel Guide) (Paperback)
No new copies on our shelves but maybe in used, now or arriving soon. Ask us.
Explore Arizona's vast open spaces, dreamy canyons, and colorful culture with Moon Arizona & the Grand Canyon. Inside you'll find:
- Flexible itineraries from a Grand Canyon adventure to two weeks exploring the whole state, with strategic advice for outdoor adventurers, history buffs, foodies, and more
- The best road trips in Arizona, including historic Route 66, and scenic byways
- The top hikes, whether you're looking for treks near Phoenix or Tucson, a multi-day expedition into the depths of the Grand Canyon, or hitting the trails in Red Rock Country, complete with distance, duration, difficulty level, and elevation gain
- Can't-miss highlights and unique experiences: Discover hidden streams on a hike through high-desert forests or find the best spots to hit the slopes in winter. Visit Ancestral Puebloan cliff cities and learn about Arizona's native culture or stroll through charming Old West towns. Marvel at the red rock cliffs around Sedona, watch your favorite MLB team play during Spring Training, and sample Southwest cuisine from spicy enchiladas to Sonoran hot dogs
- Expert insight from Arizona local Tim Hull on when to go, where to stay, and how to get around, including detailed coverage of gateway cities to the Grand Canyon
- Full-color photos and detailed maps throughout
- Practical information including background on Arizona's landscape, climate, wildlife, and culture
Seeing more of the Southwest? Check out Moon New Mexico or Moon Phoenix, Scottsdale & Sedona. Hitting the road? Try Moon Southwest Road Trip or Moon Route 66 Road Trip.
About the Author
A resident of Arizona for more than 40 years, Tim Hull has hiked its trails and driven its backroads from the deserts to the mountains to the wondrous depths of the Grand Canyon. As a news reporter and freelance writer for the past 20 years, Hull has written about the history, politics, environment and culture of Arizona and the Southwest for newspapers, magazines and websites. His family's roots in the state run deep, beginning in the 1870s when his maternal great-great-grandfather opened a doctor's office in Prescott, a mountain town in the state's central pinelands. In his spare time Hull travels the world with his wife and writes fiction. He is also the author of Moon Tucson and Moon Southwest Road Trip.
We've partnered with Libro.fm to bring you a top-notch option for digital audiobooks. Take a look at our large catalog of recorded books at https://libro.fm/citylightsnc