Moon Nova Scotia, New Brunswick & Prince Edward Island (Travel Guide) (Paperback)
Spot moose and porcupines on a secluded hike, relax in a candy-colored fishing village, and immerse yourself in Canada's maritime history with Moon Nova Scotia, New Brunswick & Prince Edward Island. Inside you'll find:
- Flexible itineraries including a coastal road trip and a multi-week Nova Scotia adventure, designed for foodies, families, outdoor adventurers, history buffs, and more
- Top experiences and activities: Take a scenic drive along the coast, tour North America's oldest working brewery, or stroll around the town that inspired Anne of Green Gables. Feast on fresh lobster, crab, and salmon or sample traditional Acadian rappie pie. Board and explore historic ships harbored at a UNESCO World Heritage Site or learn how to forge metal and spin cloth at the living history settlement of Kings Landing
- Best outdoor adventures: Keep an eye out for the world's rarest whales, kayak along the craggy coast, and take in a colorful sunset on a harbor cruise. Hike through wildflower-filled meadows or bright fall foliage, kayak the alongside the craggy coast, or bike the beach boardwalks. Walk between giant sea stacks during low tide and let the sound of waves lull you to sleep at an oceanfront campsite
- Strategic advice from Canadian Andrew Hempstead on when to go, where to stay, and how to get around
- Full-color photos and detailed maps throughout
- Background information on the environment, culture, and history
- Essential tips for families with children, travelers with disabilities, and more
Experience the natural beauty and fascinating history of Nova Scotia, New Brunswick, and Prince Edward Island with Moon's expert tips and unique experiences.
Expanding your trip? Try Moon Atlantic Canada or Moon Canadian Rockies.
About Moon Travel Guides: Moon was founded in 1973 to empower independent, active, and conscious travel. We prioritize local businesses, outdoor recreation, and traveling strategically and sustainably. Moon Travel Guides are written by local, expert authors with great stories to tell—and they can't wait to share their favorite places with you.
For more inspiration, follow @moonguides on social media.
About the Author
Poking around the side streets of downtown Halifax, canoeing in Kejimkujik National Park, sampling rappie pie along the Acadian Coast, and surfing the waves of Lawrencetown Beach-Andrew Hempstead has done all of this and more.
As a professional travel writer, Andrew spends as much time as possible out on the road. During his travels, he experiences the many and varied delights of Nova Scotia the same way his readers do.
Since the early 1990s, Andrew has authored and updated more than 60 guidebooks, and supplied content for regional and national clients like Expedia and KLM. His photography has appeared in a wide variety of media, ranging from international golf magazines to a Ripley's Believe it or Not! Museum.
Andrew and his wife Dianne also own Summerthought Publishing, a Canadian regional publisher of nonfiction books. He is a member of The Diners Club® World's 50 Best Restaurants Academy. Andrew has also spoken on travel writing to a national audience and has contributed to a university-level travel writing textbook.
We've partnered with Libro.fm to bring you a top-notch option for digital audiobooks. Take a look at our large catalog of recorded books at https://libro.fm/citylightsnc