Anne of Avonlea (Anne of Green Gables #2) (Paperback)
Other Books in Series
This is book number 2 in the Anne of Green Gables series.
- #1: Anne of Green Gables (Official Anne of Green Gables) (Paperback): $13.99
- #3: Anne of the Island (Anne of Green Gables #3) (Paperback): $20.29
- #4: Anne of Windy Poplars (Official Anne of Green Gables) (Paperback): $12.99
- #5: Anne's House of Dreams (Anne of Green Gables #5) (Compact Disc): $39.99
- #6: Anne of Ingleside (Official Anne of Green Gables) (Paperback): $12.99
- #7: Rainbow Valley (Anne of Green Gables #7) (Paperback): $7.80
- #8: Rilla of Ingleside (Anne of Green Gables #8) (Mass Market): $9.19
- #9: Chronicles of Avonlea (Anne of Green Gables #9) (Compact Disc): $39.99
- #10: Further Chronicles of Avonlea (Anne of Green Gables #10) (MP3 CD): $29.99
Following Anne of Green Gables, the book covers the second chapter in the life of Anne Shirley. Anne of Avonlea follows Anne from the age of 16 to 18, during the two years that she teaches at Avonlea school. It includes many of the characters from Anne of Green Gables, as well new ones like Mr Harrison, Miss Lavendar Lewis, Paul Irving, and the twins Dora and Davy.
About the Author
Lucy Maud Montgomery (November 30, 1874 - April 24, 1942) was a Canadian author best known for a series of novels beginning in 1908 with Anne of Green Gables. The book was an immediate success. The central character, Anne Shirley, an orphaned girl, made Montgomery famous in her lifetime and gave her an international following. The first novel was followed by a series of sequels with Anne as the central character. Montgomery went on to publish 20 novels as well as 530 short stories, 500 poems, and 30 essays. Most of the novels were set in Prince Edward Island, and locations within Canada's smallest province became a literary landmark and popular tourist site-namely Green Gables farm, the genesis of Prince Edward Island National Park. She was made an officer of the Order of the British Empire in 1935.
We've partnered with Libro.fm to bring you a top-notch option for digital audiobooks. Take a look at our large catalog of recorded books at https://libro.fm/citylightsnc