Murder at Beacon Rock (A Gilded Newport Mystery #10) (Hardcover)
Other Books in Series
This is book number 10 in the A Gilded Newport Mystery series.
- #1: Murder at the Breakers (A Gilded Newport Mystery #1) (Paperback): $18.34
- #2: Murder at Marble House (A Gilded Newport Mystery #2) (Paperback): $15.95
- #3: Murder at Beechwood (A Gilded Newport Mystery #3) (Paperback): $15.95
- #4: Murder at Rough Point (A Gilded Newport Mystery #4) (Paperback): $15.95
- #5: Murder at Chateau sur Mer (A Gilded Newport Mystery #5) (Paperback): $15.95
- #6: Murder at Ochre Court (A Gilded Newport Mystery #6) (Paperback): $15.95
- #7: Murder at Crossways (A Gilded Newport Mystery #7) (Paperback): $15.95
- #8: Murder at Kingscote (A Gilded Newport Mystery #8) (Paperback): $15.95
- #9: Murder at Wakehurst (A Gilded Newport Mystery #9) (Hardcover): $26.00
- #11: Murder at the Elms (A Gilded Newport Mystery #11) (Hardcover): $27.00
The New York Yacht Club’s exclusive gathering at Newport, Rhode Island’s Beacon Rock mansion hits stormy seas in the summer of 1900 when reporter Emma Cross, a lesser Vanderbilt, discovers a drowned corpse in Alyssa Maxwell’s tenth Gilded Newport Mystery…
As a reporter, Emma is used to covering Newport’s social events. But this time she is appearing on the arm of her fiancé, Derrick Andrews, at a small but exclusive gathering of the New York Yacht Club at Beacon Rock, the Grecian-inspired summer “cottage” of Edwin and Elizabeth Morgan. The members—which include cousin and Yacht Club Commodore John Pierpoint Morgan and widow Lucy Carnegie, the first woman to be admitted to the Club—are there to discuss their strategy for the next America’s Cup Challenge, to be held in New York Harbor the following summer.
But it’s Emma who must come up with a strategy when she discovers a woman’s body bobbing against one of the hulls of the boats moored at the base of Beacon Rock. Is it possible she fell from the Newport ferry and was carried by the tide? Or could she have drowned herself or fallen victim to foul play?
After the woman is identified as the missing daughter of a yacht designer, the police—with the exception of Emma’s friend Detective Jesse Whyte—hastily conclude she is a suicide, perhaps to quiet any scandal for the Morgans, since her body was found floating near their property. But Emma suspects the woman was murdered and begins to sort through a who’s who of sportsmen, boat crews, and the Newport elite in search of a stone-cold killer . . .
About the Author
Alyssa Maxwell is the acclaimed author of the Gilded Newport Mysteries and the Lady and Lady’s Maid Mystery series. She knew from a young age that she wanted to write novels. Growing up in New England and traveling to Great Britain fueled a passion for history, while a love of puzzles of all kinds drew her to the mystery genre. She and her husband reside in Florida, where she loves to watch BBC productions, sip tea in the afternoons, and delve into the past. You can learn more about Alyssa and her books at AlyssaMaxwell.com.
We've partnered with Libro.fm to bring you a top-notch option for digital audiobooks. Take a look at our large catalog of recorded books at https://libro.fm/citylightsnc