Don′t Suspend Me!: An Alternative Discipline Toolkit (Paperback)
Shift from traditional to alternative discipline that really works
With ever-changing discipline laws and regulations coupled with a return to in-person learning, the second edition of Don't Suspend Me arrives at the perfect time to guide educators in everything they need to know to avoid reverting to traditional, exclusionary discipline practices.
This user-friendly guidebook helps teachers and administrators use alternative discipline methods to create positive, meaningful, and long-term behavior shifts for students. Inside you'll find:
- An updated alternative discipline toolkit with additional easy-to-use tools, templates, and processes
- Methods for addressing traditional beliefs and pushback from stakeholders
- Recommendations for bringing policy to practice
- Case studies, examples, and lessons learned from educators in the field who successfully used the first edition
- Examples of the 13 most suspendable offenses and the appropriate responses and interventions to help change student behavior for the long term
Organized to help educators implement alternative discipline, this updated edition frames discipline in a practical and effective way that aligns with research, changes in educational law, and above all else, equity in school discipline.
We've partnered with Libro.fm to bring you a top-notch option for digital audiobooks. Take a look at our large catalog of recorded books at https://libro.fm/citylightsnc