Selected Climbs in North Carolina (Paperback)
Email or call for price
Out of Stock Indefinitely: used copies probably available. Ask us.
* Packed with 450 of the coolest climbs in 10 of the hottest climbing areas in North Carolina
* Nail-biting action photos from professional climbing photographer Harrison Shull
* Individual route descriptions feature 1st ascent background and more detail about the climbs
* 1st totally new guide to N. Carolina since 1992. It is the first time that the climbing areas Rumbling Bald and Big Green have appeared in the same guide. It also includes new areas such as the North Face of Whiteside Mountain, Chockstone Chimney Wall in Linville Gorge and Middle Hawksbill.
* Each chapter includes a separate history section and detailed directions
* N. Carolina also has some of the best bouldering areas in the Southeast Don't think of North Carolina for a climbing destination? Think again. Located in the southern Appalachians, intimidating granite domes, steep quartzite walls, and a variety of terrain offering short and long climbs will whet the appetites of beginning to more advanced climbers. The 10 climbing areas are organized into three geographical regions: Piedmont including Moore's Wall; Stone Mountain; Crowders Mountain; the Northern Blue Ridge covering the infamous Linville Gorge-often referred to as the Grand Canyon of North Carolina; Ship Rock; and the Southern Blue Ridge with Looking Glass, Rumbling Bald, Cedar Rock, Big Green, and Whiteside Mountain.
We've partnered with Libro.fm to bring you a top-notch option for digital audiobooks. Take a look at our large catalog of recorded books at https://libro.fm/citylightsnc