The Power of Humility: Choosing Peace over Conflict in Relationships (Paperback)
No new copies on our shelves but maybe in used, now or arriving soon. Ask us.
Throughout our life, at each moment, from each conflict that arises throughout every day, we are given the power to choose. We all face challenges in our relationships and Dr. Whitfield gives us the secret to meeting each challenge and how to make the best choice when faced with hard decisions and irrational emotions. Using the same questions he has asked his patients, Dr. Whitfield asks readers:
- Do you choose to protect your point of view, your position, and your ego's limited perceptions? Or do you choose humility: open-mindedness, curiosity, and tolerance?
- Do you choose to play the victim, to persecute or to rescue? Or do you choose humility: to motivate, nurture, and empower?
- Do you choose separation, or through humility, inclusion?
These are the lessons taught in The Power of Humility. Simple, easy to understand, yet life changing, Dr. Whitfield teaches us that by accepting our "humility" we invite peace, love, joy, and gratitude into our life and our relationships.
- Patient stories provide the reader with specific examples on the power of humility.
- Takes readers through the separate steps in identifying humility throughout their lives.
- Tie in to reissue of Dr. Whitfield’s million copy classic Healing the Child Within.
About the Author
Charles L. Whitfield, M.D., is a physician, psychotherapist, and internationally recognized expert on mental illness, behavioral problems, and recovery. He has been on the faculty of the Rutgers University Summer Institute of Alcohol and Drug Studies since 1978, and in private practice of medicine and psychotherapy since 1976. He has been voted by his peers as one of the Best Doctors in America every year since 1994. He lives in Atlanta, GA
We've partnered with Libro.fm to bring you a top-notch option for digital audiobooks. Take a look at our large catalog of recorded books at https://libro.fm/citylightsnc