Quantitative Social Science: An Introduction in Tidyverse (Paperback)
No new copies on our shelves but maybe in used, now or arriving soon. Ask us.
A tidyverse edition of the acclaimed textbook on data analysis and statistics for the social sciences and allied fieldsQuantitative analysis is an essential skill for social science research, yet students in the social sciences and related areas typically receive little training in it. Quantitative Social Science is a practical introduction to data analysis and statistics written especially for undergraduates and beginning graduate students in the social sciences and allied fields, including business, economics, education, political science, psychology, sociology, public policy, and data science. Proven in classrooms around the world, this one-of-a-kind textbook engages directly with empirical analysis, showing students how to analyze and interpret data using the tidyverse family of R packages. Data sets taken directly from leading quantitative social science research illustrate how to use data analysis to answer important questions about society and human behavior.
- Emphasizes hands-on learning, not paper-and-pencil statistics
- Includes data sets from actual research for students to test their skills on
- Covers data analysis concepts such as causality, measurement, and prediction, as well as probability and statistical tools
- Features a wealth of supplementary exercises, including additional data analysis exercises and programming exercises
- Offers a solid foundation for further study
- Comes with additional course materials online, including notes, sample code, exercises and problem sets with solutions, and lecture slides
About the Author
Kosuke Imai is Professor of Government and of Statistics at Harvard University. Nora Webb Williams is Assistant Professor of Political Science at the University of Illinois, Urbana-Champaign.
We've partnered with Libro.fm to bring you a top-notch option for digital audiobooks. Take a look at our large catalog of recorded books at https://libro.fm/citylightsnc