A Perilous Perspective (A Lady Darby Mystery #10) (Paperback)
Other Books in Series
This is book number 10 in the A Lady Darby Mystery series.
- #1: The Anatomist's Wife (A Lady Darby Mystery #1) (Paperback): $17.00
- #2: Mortal Arts (A Lady Darby Mystery #2) (Paperback): $16.00
- #3: A Grave Matter (A Lady Darby Mystery #3) (Paperback): $16.00
- #4: A Study in Death (A Lady Darby Mystery #4) (Mass Market): $9.19
- #5: As Death Draws Near (A Lady Darby Mystery #5) (Paperback): $17.00
- #6: A Brush with Shadows (A Lady Darby Mystery #6) (Paperback): $17.00
- #7: An Artless Demise (A Lady Darby Mystery #7) (Paperback): $16.00
- #8: A Stroke of Malice (A Lady Darby Mystery #8) (Paperback): $17.00
- #9: A Wicked Conceit (A Lady Darby Mystery #9) (Paperback): $17.00
- #11: A Fatal Illusion (A Lady Darby Mystery #11) (Paperback): $17.00
An all-new historical mystery in this USA Today bestselling series featuring beloved inquiry agents Lady Kiera Darby and her dashing husband, Sebastian Gage.
Argyll, Scotland. July 1832. After a trying few months in Edinburgh, Kiera and her husband and investigative partner, Sebastian Gage, are eager to escape to the Highlands with their three-month-old child. Kiera is overjoyed for her cousin Rye and her detractor-turned-friend Charlotte who are being wed in a private ceremony at the estate of Rye’s great-uncle, the Marquess of Barbreck, in what seems to be the perfect wedding party.
But when Kiera is invited to peruse Barbreck’s extensive art collection, she is disturbed to discover that one of his most priceless paintings seems to be a forgery. The marquess’s furious reaction when she dares to mention it leaves her shaken and the entire house shocked. For it turns out that this is not the first time the word forgery has been uttered in connection with the Barbreck household.
Matters turn more ominous when a maid from a neighboring estate is found murdered where the forged painting hangs. Is her death connected to the forgeries, perhaps a grisly warning of what awaits those who dare to probe deeper? With unknown entities aligned against them, Kiera and Gage are forced to confront the fact that they may have underestimated their opponent. For they are swiftly made to realize that Charlotte’s and Rye’s future happiness is not the only issue at stake, and this stealthy game of cat and mouse could prove to have deadly consequences.
About the Author
Anna Lee Huber is the Daphne Award–winning author of the national bestselling Lady Darby Mysteries and the Verity Kent Mysteries. She is a summa cum laude graduate of Lipscomb University in Nashville, Tennessee, where she majored in music and minored in psychology. She currently resides with her family and is hard at work on her next novel.
We've partnered with Libro.fm to bring you a top-notch option for digital audiobooks. Take a look at our large catalog of recorded books at https://libro.fm/citylightsnc