Jane and the Man of the Cloth: Being the Second Jane Austen Mystery (Being A Jane Austen Mystery #2) (Mass Market)
Other Books in Series
This is book number 2 in the Being A Jane Austen Mystery series.
- #1: Jane and the Unpleasantness at Scargrave Manor: Being the First Jane Austen Mystery (Being A Jane Austen Mystery #1) (Paperback): $19.55
- #3: Jane and the Wandering Eye: Being the Third Jane Austen Mystery (Being A Jane Austen Mystery #3) (Mass Market): $10.34
- #4: Jane and the Genius of the Place: Being the Fourth Jane Austen Mystery (Being A Jane Austen Mystery #4) (Mass Market): $9.19
- #5: Jane and the Stillroom Maid: Being the Fifth Jane Austen Mystery (Being A Jane Austen Mystery #5) (Mass Market): $9.19
- #6: Jane and the Prisoner of Wool House (Being A Jane Austen Mystery #6) (Mass Market): $10.34
- #7: Jane and the Ghosts of Netley (Being A Jane Austen Mystery #7) (Mass Market): $9.19
- #8: Jane and His Lordship's Legacy (Being A Jane Austen Mystery #8) (Mass Market): $10.34
- #9: Jane and the Barque of Frailty (Being A Jane Austen Mystery #9) (Mass Market): $9.19
- #10: Jane and the Madness of Lord Byron: Being A Jane Austen Mystery (Paperback): $18.40
- #11: Jane and the Canterbury Tale: Being A Jane Austen Mystery (Paperback): $19.55
- #12: Jane and the Twelve Days of Christmas (Being a Jane Austen Mystery #12) (Paperback): $19.49
- #13: Jane and the Waterloo Map (Being a Jane Austen Mystery #13) (Hardcover): $29.84
- #14: Jane and the Year Without a Summer (Being a Jane Austen Mystery #14) (Paperback): $17.95
- #15: Jane and the Final Mystery (Being a Jane Austen Mystery #15) (Hardcover): $27.95
For everyone who loves Jane Austen . . . the second tantalizing mystery in a new series that transforms the beloved author into a dazzling sleuth!
Jane and her family are looking forward to a peaceful holiday in the seaside village of Lyme Regis. Yet on the outskirts of town an overturned carriage forces the shaken travelers to take refuge at a nearby manor house. And it is there that Jane meets the darkly forbidding yet strangely attractive Mr. Geoffrey Sidmouth. What murky secrets does the brooding Mr. Sidmouth seek to hide? Jane suspects the worst—but her attention is swiftly diverted when a man is discovered hanged from a makeshift gibbet by the sea. The worthies of Lyme are certain his death is the work of “the Reverend,” the ringleader of the midnight smuggling trade whose identity is the town's paramount mystery. Now, it falls to Jane to entrap and expose the notorious Reverend . . . even if the evidence points to the last person on earth she wants to suspect . . . a man who already may have won her heart.
About the Author
Stephanie Barron is the author of eight previous Jane Austen mysteries. She lives in Colorado, where she is at work on the next Jane Austen mystery.
“Eat your heart out, Charlotte Bronte! . . . Jane's narrative voice stays coolly crisp and witty, never losing its clarity of style and authenticity of tone, even in nerve-racking moments of excitement . . . captivating . . . delightful . . . Ms. Barron's skillful rendering of Austen's style, attuned to picking up the most delicate fluctuations in social behavior, reveals it to be an ideal vehicle for the classic cozy murder mystery. Who knew?”—The New York Times Book Review
“The words, characters, and references are so real it is a shock to find that the author is not Austen herself.”—Arizona Republic
“Delightful . . . captures the style and wit of Austen. . . . A real charmer.”—San Francisco Examiner
“There's plenty to enjoy in this crime-solving side of Jane. . . . [She] is as worthy a detective as Columbo.”—USA Today
We've partnered with Libro.fm to bring you a top-notch option for digital audiobooks. Take a look at our large catalog of recorded books at https://libro.fm/citylightsnc