The Tale of Hill Top Farm (The Cottage Tales of Beatrix P #1) (Mass Market)
Other Books in Series
This is book number 1 in the The Cottage Tales of Beatrix P series.
- #2: The Tale of Holly How (The Cottage Tales of Beatrix P #2) (Mass Market): $9.19
- #3: The Tale of Cuckoo Brow Wood (The Cottage Tales of Beatrix P #3) (Mass Market): $7.99
- #4: The Tale of Hawthorn House (The Cottage Tales of Beatrix P #4) (Mass Market): $6.99
- #5: The Tale of Briar Bank (The Cottage Tales of Beatrix P #5) (Mass Market): $9.19
- #6: The Tale of Applebeck Orchard (The Cottage Tales of Beatrix P #6) (Mass Market): $9.19
- #7: The Tale of Oat Cake Crag (The Cottage Tales of Beatrix P #7) (Mass Market): $9.19
- #8: The Tale of Castle Cottage (The Cottage Tales of Beatrix P #8) (Mass Market): $9.19
The author of Peter Rabbit and other tales, Beatrix Potter is still, after a century, beloved by children and adults worldwide. In this first Cottage Tale, Albert introduces Beatrix, an animal lover and Good Samaritan with a knack for solving mysteries. With help from her entourage of talking animal friends, Beatrix sets out to win over the human hearts of Sawrey, where she's just bought an old farm--and plans to stay.
About the Author
Susan Wittig Albert grew up on a farm in Illinois and earned her Ph.D. at the University of California at Berkeley. A former professor of English and a university administrator and vice president, she is the author of the China Bayles Mysteries, the Darling Dahlias Mysteries, and the Cottage Tales of Beatrix Potter. Some of her recent titles include Widow’s Tears, Cat’s Claw, The Darling Dahlias and the Confederate Rose, and The Tale of Castle Cottage. She and her husband, Bill, coauthor a series of Victorian-Edwardian mysteries under the name Robin Paige, which includes such titles as Death at Glamis Castle and Death at Whitechapel.
"Promises to be a series with legs-and tails." —Publishers Weekly
"Endearing...resonates with charm...sleuth Beatrix positively shines." —School Library Journal
We've partnered with Libro.fm to bring you a top-notch option for digital audiobooks. Take a look at our large catalog of recorded books at https://libro.fm/citylightsnc