The Far Side of the World (Aubrey/Maturin Novels #10) (Hardcover)
Other Books in Series
This is book number 10 in the Aubrey/Maturin Novels series.
- #1: Master and Commander (Aubrey/Maturin Novels #1) (Paperback): $15.95
- #2: Post Captain (Aubrey/Maturin Novels #2) (Paperback): $16.95
- #3: H. M. S. Surprise (Aubrey/Maturin Novels #3) (Paperback): $15.95
- #4: The Mauritius Command (Aubrey/Maturin Novels #4) (Paperback): $15.95
- #5: Desolation Island (Aubrey/Maturin Novels #5) (Paperback): $15.95
- #6: The Fortune of War (Aubrey/Maturin Novels #6) (Paperback): $15.95
- #7: The Surgeon's Mate (Aubrey/Maturin Novels #7) (Paperback): $15.95
- #8: The Ionian Mission (Aubrey/Maturin Novels #8) (Hardcover): $27.60
- #9: Treason's Harbour (Aubrey/Maturin Novels #9) (Hardcover): $50.00
- #11: The Reverse of the Medal (Aubrey/Maturin Novels #11) (Hardcover): $27.60
- #12: The Letter of Marque (Aubrey/Maturin Novels #12) (Paperback): $15.95
- #13: The Thirteen Gun Salute (Aubrey/Maturin Novels #13) (Paperback): $15.95
- #14: The Nutmeg of Consolation (Aubrey/Maturin Novels #14) (Paperback): $15.95
- #15: The Truelove (Aubrey/Maturin Novels #15) (Paperback): $15.95
- #16: The Wine-Dark Sea (Aubrey/Maturin Novels #16) (Paperback): $15.95
- #17: The Commodore (Aubrey/Maturin Novels #17) (Paperback): $15.95
- #18: The Yellow Admiral (Aubrey/Maturin Novels #18) (Paperback): $15.95
- #19: The Hundred Days (Aubrey/Maturin Novels #19) (Paperback): $15.95
- #20: Blue at the Mizzen (Aubrey/Maturin Novels #20) (Paperback): $15.95
- #21: 21: The Final Unfinished Voyage of Jack Aubrey (Aubrey/Maturin Novels #21) (Paperback): $18.95
The inspiration for the major new motion picture starring Russell Crowe.
The war of 1812 continues, and Jack Aubrey sets course for Cape Horn on a mission after his own heart: intercepting a powerful American frigate outward bound to play havoc with the British whaling trade. Stephen Maturin has fish of his own to fry in the world of secret intelligence. Disaster in various guises awaits them in the Great South Sea and in the far reaches of the Pacific: typhoons, castaways, shipwrecks, murder, and criminal insanity.
About the Author
One of our greatest contemporary novelists, Patrick O’Brian is the author of the twenty volumes of the best-selling Aubrey/Maturin series, as well as many other books, including Testimonies, The Golden Ocean, The Unknown Shore, and biographies of Joseph Banks and Picasso.
I haven’t read novels [in the past ten years] except for all of the Patrick O’Brian series. It was, unfortunately, like tripping on heroin. I started on those books and couldn’t stop.
— E. O. Wilson - Boston Globe
A world of enchanting fictional surfaces.
— John Bayley - New York Review of Books
These eccentric, improbably novels seem to have been written by Patrick O'Brian to please himself in the first instance, and thereafter to please those readers who may share his delight in precision of language, odd lands and colors, a humane respect for such old-fashioned sentiments as friendship and honor. Like Aubrey and Maturin playing Mozart duets beneath a Pacific moon, he works elegant variations on the tradition of the seafaring adventure story.
— Thomas Flanagan - New York Times Book Review
We've partnered with Libro.fm to bring you a top-notch option for digital audiobooks. Take a look at our large catalog of recorded books at https://libro.fm/citylightsnc