Master and Commander (Aubrey/Maturin Novels #1) (Hardcover)
Other Books in Series
This is book number 1 in the Aubrey/Maturin Novels series.
- #2: Post Captain (Aubrey/Maturin Novels #2) (Paperback): $15.95
- #3: H. M. S. Surprise (Aubrey/Maturin Novels #3) (Paperback): $14.95
- #4: The Mauritius Command (Aubrey/Maturin Novels #4) (Paperback): $15.95
- #5: Desolation Island (Aubrey/Maturin Novels #5) (Paperback): $16.95
- #6: The Fortune of War (Aubrey/Maturin Novels #6) (Hardcover): $27.60
- #7: The Surgeon's Mate (Aubrey/Maturin Novels #7) (Paperback): $15.95
- #8: The Ionian Mission (Aubrey/Maturin Novels #8) (Paperback): $15.95
- #9: Treason's Harbour (Aubrey/Maturin Novels #9) (Hardcover): $46.00
- #10: The Far Side of the World (Aubrey/Maturin Novels #10) (Hardcover): $27.60
- #11: The Reverse of the Medal (Aubrey/Maturin Novels #11) (Paperback): $15.95
- #12: The Letter of Marque (Aubrey/Maturin Novels #12) (Paperback): $14.95
- #13: The Thirteen Gun Salute (Aubrey/Maturin Novels #13) (Paperback): $14.95
- #14: The Nutmeg of Consolation (Aubrey/Maturin Novels #14) (Paperback): $14.95
- #15: The Truelove (Aubrey/Maturin Novels #15) (Paperback): $14.95
- #16: The Wine-Dark Sea (Aubrey/Maturin Novels #16) (Paperback): $14.95
- #17: The Commodore (Aubrey/Maturin Novels #17) (Hardcover): $27.60
- #18: The Yellow Admiral (Aubrey/Maturin Novels #18) (Paperback): $18.50
- #19: The Hundred Days (Aubrey/Maturin Novels #19) (Hardcover): $27.60
- #20: Blue at the Mizzen (Aubrey/Maturin Novels #20) (Hardcover): $27.60
- #21: 21: The Final Unfinished Voyage of Jack Aubrey (Aubrey/Maturin Novels #21) (Paperback): $18.95
This is the first of twenty addictive historical novels centered around a compelling pair of protagonists named Jack Aubrey and Steven Maturin. In this book, set primarily in the western Mediterranean, we find Jack getting his first command in England's early nineteenth century navy and meeting the friend that will follow him through many adventures. The decidedly un-seaman-like Steven Maturin is a genius of many talents.— Chris
The beginning to the sweeping Aubrey/Maturin series. "The best sea story I have ever read."—Sir Francis Chichester
This, the first in the splendid series of Jack Aubrey novels, establishes the friendship between Captain Aubrey, R.N., and Stephen Maturin, ship's surgeon and intelligence agent, against a thrilling backdrop of the Napoleonic wars. Details of a life aboard a man-of-war are faultlessly rendered: the conversational idiom of the officers in the ward room and the men on the lower deck, the food, the floggings, the mysteries of the wind and the rigging, and the roar of broadsides as the great ships close in battle.
About the Author
One of our greatest contemporary novelists, Patrick O’Brian is the author of the bestselling Aubrey/Maturin tales and the biographer of Joseph Banks and Picasso. O’Brian’s many books include Testimonies, The Golden Ocean, and The Unknown Shore.
I haven’t read novels [in the past ten years] except for all of the Patrick O’Brian series. It was, unfortunately, like tripping on heroin. I started on those books and couldn’t stop.
— E. O. Wilson
We've partnered with Libro.fm to bring you a top-notch option for digital audiobooks. Take a look at our large catalog of recorded books at https://libro.fm/citylightsnc