The Thirteen Gun Salute (Aubrey/Maturin Novels #13) (Hardcover)
Other Books in Series
This is book number 13 in the Aubrey/Maturin Novels series.
- #1: Master and Commander (Aubrey/Maturin Novels #1) (Paperback): $15.95
- #2: Post Captain (Aubrey/Maturin Novels #2) (Paperback): $15.95
- #3: H. M. S. Surprise (Aubrey/Maturin Novels #3) (Paperback): $14.95
- #4: The Mauritius Command (Aubrey/Maturin Novels #4) (Paperback): $15.95
- #5: Desolation Island (Aubrey/Maturin Novels #5) (Paperback): $16.95
- #6: The Fortune of War (Aubrey/Maturin Novels #6) (Paperback): $15.95
- #7: The Surgeon's Mate (Aubrey/Maturin Novels #7) (Paperback): $15.95
- #8: The Ionian Mission (Aubrey/Maturin Novels #8) (Paperback): $15.95
- #9: Treason's Harbour (Aubrey/Maturin Novels #9) (Hardcover): $46.00
- #10: The Far Side of the World (Aubrey/Maturin Novels #10) (Hardcover): $27.60
- #11: The Reverse of the Medal (Aubrey/Maturin Novels #11) (Paperback): $15.95
- #12: The Letter of Marque (Aubrey/Maturin Novels #12) (Paperback): $14.95
- #14: The Nutmeg of Consolation (Aubrey/Maturin Novels #14) (Paperback): $14.95
- #15: The Truelove (Aubrey/Maturin Novels #15) (Paperback): $14.95
- #16: The Wine-Dark Sea (Aubrey/Maturin Novels #16) (Hardcover): $27.60
- #17: The Commodore (Aubrey/Maturin Novels #17) (Paperback): $15.95
- #18: The Yellow Admiral (Aubrey/Maturin Novels #18) (Hardcover): $27.60
- #19: The Hundred Days (Aubrey/Maturin Novels #19) (Hardcover): $27.60
- #20: Blue at the Mizzen (Aubrey/Maturin Novels #20) (Paperback): $15.95
- #21: 21: The Final Unfinished Voyage of Jack Aubrey (Aubrey/Maturin Novels #21) (Hardcover): Email or call for price
"In length the series is unique; in quality—and there is not a weak link in the chain—it cannot but be ranked with the best of twentieth century historical novels."—T. J. Binyon, Independent
Captain Jack Aubrey sets sail for the South China Sea with a new lease on life. Following his dismissal from the Royal Navy (a false accusation), he has earned reinstatement through his daring exploits as a privateer, brilliantly chronicled in The Letter of Marque. Now he is to shepherd Stephen Maturin—his friend, ship's surgeon, and sometimes intelligence agent—on a diplomatic mission to prevent links between Bonaparte and the Malay princes which would put English merchant shipping at risk.
The journey of the Diane encompasses a great and satisfying diversity of adventures. Maturin climbs the Thousand Steps of the sacred crater of the orangutans; a killer typhoon catches Aubrey and his crew trying to work the Diane off a reef; and in the barbaric court of Pulo Prabang a classic duel of intelligence agents unfolds: the French envoys, well entrenched in the Sultan's good graces, against the savage cunning of Stephen Maturin.
About the Author
One of our greatest contemporary novelists, Patrick O’Brian is the author of the bestselling Aubrey/Maturin tales and the biographer of Joseph Banks and Picasso. O’Brian’s many books include Testimonies, The Golden Ocean, and The Unknown Shore.
I haven’t read novels [in the past ten years] except for all of the Patrick O’Brian series. It was, unfortunately, like tripping on heroin. I started on those books and couldn’t stop.
— E. O. Wilson
We've partnered with Libro.fm to bring you a top-notch option for digital audiobooks. Take a look at our large catalog of recorded books at https://libro.fm/citylightsnc