Miss Julia Lays Down the Law: A Novel (Paperback)
Other Books in Series
This is book number 16 in the Miss Julia series.
- #2: Miss Julia Takes Over: A Novel (Paperback): $18.40
- #3: Miss Julia Throws a Wedding: A Novel (Paperback): $16.00
- #4: Miss Julia Hits the Road: A Novel (Paperback): $17.00
- #5: Miss Julia Meets Her Match: A Novel (Paperback): $18.40
- #6: Miss Julia's School of Beauty: A Novel (Paperback): $18.40
- #7: Miss Julia Stands Her Ground: A Novel (Paperback): $17.25
- #8: Miss Julia Strikes Back: A Novel (Paperback): $18.40
- #9: Miss Julia Paints the Town: A Novel (Paperback): $18.40
- #10: Miss Julia Delivers the Goods: A Novel (Paperback): $18.40
- #11: Miss Julia Renews Her Vows: A Novel (Paperback): $16.00
- #12: Miss Julia Rocks the Cradle: A Novel (Paperback): $19.55
- #13: Miss Julia to the Rescue: A Novel (Paperback): $19.55
- #14: Miss Julia Stirs Up Trouble: A Novel (Paperback): $19.55
- #15: Miss Julia's Marvelous Makeover: A Novel (Paperback): $18.40
- #17: Miss Julia Inherits a Mess: A Novel (Paperback): $17.00
- #18: Miss Julia Weathers the Storm: A Novel (Paperback): $18.40
- #19: Miss Julia Raises the Roof (Hardcover): $27.00
- #20: Miss Julia Takes the Wheel: A Novel (Paperback): $17.00
- #21: Miss Julia Knows a Thing or Two: A Novel (Paperback): $17.00
- #22: Miss Julia Happily Ever After: A Novel (Hardcover): $27.00
It’s up to Miss Julia to sort out the murder of a hoity-toity newcomer in the latest addition to the New York Times bestselling series. Look out for the newest in the series, Miss Julia Raises the Roof, coming from Viking in April 2018.
Miss Julia fans both new and old will be especially keen to get their hands on the sixteenth in the series, Miss Julia Lays Down the Law, guaranteed to be the steel magnolia’s most exciting adventure yet.
It’s November and Miss Julia is looking forward to some quiet time before the holidays. That is until snobby Connie Clayborn and her rich husband move to town. At first, Miss Julia and the other ladies are pleased to be invited over for coffee, but the afternoon turns into a slap in the face when their hostess spouts nonstop criticism about Abbotsville. Why, how dare she? Days later, Miss Julia decides to confront Connie woman to woman, but when she arrives, Connie is lying on the kitchen floor—lifeless in a pool of blood. Who could have done this? Miss Julia will need to find out fast—particularly because her fingerprints are now all over the crime scene. . . .
About the Author
Ann B. Ross is the New York Times–bestselling author of eighteen novels featuring the popular southern heroine Miss Julia, as well as of Etta Mae’s Worst Bad-Luck Day, another Abbotsville-set novel as told by Miss Julia’s sassy sidekick. Ross holds a doctorate in English from the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill and has taught literature at the University of North Carolina at Asheville. She lives in Hendersonville, North Carolina.
Praise for Miss Julia Lays Down the Law and for Ann B. Ross
“Pleasing . . . Cozy fans who appreciate genteel Southern manners will be enthralled.” -- Publishers Weekly
"Yes, Miss Julia is back, and I, for one, am one happy camper." --J.A. Jance
"I absolutely loved this book! What a joy to read! Miss Julia is one of the most delightful characters to come along in years. Ann B. Ross has created what is sure to become a classic Southern comic novel. Hooray for Miss Julia, I could not have liked it more." --Fannie Flagg
"As fresh and funny as ever." --everydayebook.com
"Ross has a gift for elevating such everyday matters as marital strife and the hazards of middle age to high comedy, while painting her beautifully drawn characters with wit and sympathy."
"Ann B. Ross develops characters so expertly, through quirks, names, and mannerisms, that they easily feel familiar as the reader is gently immersed into the world Miss Ross has created." —Winston-Salem Journal
We've partnered with Libro.fm to bring you a top-notch option for digital audiobooks. Take a look at our large catalog of recorded books at https://libro.fm/citylightsnc