Check with us about used or rare books we might have on our shelves but not listed in the database... if we don't have have it, try Biblio, an Asheville-based international network of indie book dealers.
We sell several types of used books in addition to new books. Most of our rare books are used but because they are out of print, first printings or are signed we classify them differently from the other books in our used book section. We trade used books for used book credit, but may in a few cases pay cash or trade credit good for any item in the store in exchange for certain volumes.
Used Book Trade-Ins
We accept books for trade on Wednesdays and Saturdays only, from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m., when a designated staff member will be on call to process trade-ins. With the books we can accept, you will receive credit toward the purchase of other used books from our shelves with a ratio of approximately 2:1. $1.00 of credit good for used book purchases for every $2.00 of our estimated re-sale value on books you bring in for credit on Wednesdays and Saturdays.
To insure the quality of our used books, we ask that you bring in only books that are in good, clean condition. We must reserve the right to decline to accept any book at our discretion, including duplicates of titles already on our shelves. Any books that we are unable to accept can be donated to the Jackson County Friends of the Library or the thrift/outreach store of your choice.
We regret that we cannot accept:
* Hardcover Mystery/Thrillers more than 3 years old
* Romance Hardcovers more than 1 year old
* Most hardcovers without jackets (unless the book is rare)
* Harlequin or Silhouette serial romances
* Books with missing or torn covers
* Books with smoke, mold, mildew or moisture damage
* Readers Digest condensed books
* Most hardcover biographies
* Classroom texbooks
* Most Hardcover Romance Novels
* Out-dated books such as older computer books or almanacs